I provide individual psychotherapy for adolescents and adults who are experiencing difficulty with any of the following:
- The physical, emotional or behavioral consequences of chronic stress, either as a child or as an adult, which is negatively impacting you right now.
- An acute or single event trauma (e.g. sexual assault, car accident, medical crisis) at any point during your lifetime, which continues to bother you.
- Complex developmental trauma, also knowns as "toxic stress", which began in childhood (e.g. childhood abuse or neglect, adverse childhood experiences: see "More on Toxic Stress & Trauma" tab to right)
- Chronic pain
- Chronic health conditions with associated psychological difficulties
- Self-harm behaviors
- Dissociative disorders
- Adjustment and relationship difficulties
Accompanying me during individual sessions is my 12-year-old, white Shepherd, Maya. Maya is a friendly, sweet and gentle girl who will typically greet individuals and then settle back in to sleep, as she is a senior dog and not very active. If for any reason, you are concerned that you will be uncomfortable in her presence, please communicate that to me so that I can make alternate arrangements.